When Thomas W. Cross moved his family to Wheatland Township in 1869, he already was established as an accomplished deacon. Around the beginning of 1870, Cross gathered a group of area residents and held a meeting at Gingrich School House--the beginnings of Wheatland Church of Christ which is now located at 3025 11 Mile Road just north of Remus.
After Thomas Cross passed away in 1892, his work was continued by others. This year marks the 135th anniversary since the Wheatland Church of Christ was founded and on Sunday, nearly 200 current and former members celebrated with a special service at 11 a.m. and various family oriented games and a barbecue dinner was held in the afternoon.
OSRW - 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization